Welcome to Camp Gan Israel!
We’ve planned a fun-filled summer, a camp experience that your child will never forget.
Our dynamic staff has worked hard to ensure that your child will have a warm caring environment, creative and fun activities, exciting trips, and a whole lot more.
Our first and foremost priority is the safety of your child. Please read all the below material, as it contains important information about Camp Gan Israel. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions during the summer.
Best wishes for a healthy and enjoyable summer!
Rabbi Sholom & Nechama Diskin
What to Send to Camp
Please send the following to camp with your child daily.
- Sunscreen SPF 30 or more is recommended (children should arrive to camp wearing sunscreen and we will reapply during the day)
- Sunhat or baseball cap
- Encouraged to wear closed-toe shoes
- Swimsuit, water shoes and towel (water & beach days)
- Camp T-Shirt on Trip & Beach Days
- Mask (optional) – May be required for some of our trip locations, we will update you before the trip.
- Lunch (if not purchasing from camp- see below…)
- Tzedaka (money for charity) every day. A penny or two is fine – the point is to develop a daily habit of sharing. It also helps children associate money with giving and doing good!
Parents are asked to label everything: hats, towels, sunscreen etc. and not to send valuables to camp.
Drop off and Pickup
Morning drop off at camp will be from 8:55 – 9:10am, pickup will be from 2:55 – 3:10pm. The camper drop-off and pick-up area is located at our Los Liones gate. Please safely park on Los Liones Dr. and walk your children to drop them off. Your child’s temperature will be taken and you will sign them in through our contactless “Playground App” and complete a quick health screening questionnaire. Campers may only be released to a parent or persons authorized to pick up the camper. Please advise the camp office or your child’s counselor of a different or new pickup person.
Health & Safety Guidelines
Below are some additional guidelines that we will be following this summer at Camp Gan Israel, please note that this list is not comprehensive and is subject to change as we get closer to camp. Please feel free to reach out to us with any specific questions or concerns about our plan.
- Camp will be limited in size. Bunks sizes will total with up to 12 campers and 2 counselors per bunk. Each bunk will run as an independent cohort, there will be no moving between bunks.
- When possible, siblings of similar age will be placed together.
- Campers will be reminded to stay extra careful with handwashing, using sanitizer and other important hygienic guidelines at all times. All campers and counselors will wash their hands between all activities and before and after eating.
- Campers will be outdoors as much as possible with limited time spent indoors. All indoor areas will be well ventilated at all times.
- Staff and campers will not need to wear masks while outdoors. Any children whose parents would like them to wear a mask the entire time will be supported in doing so. Parents should communicate to the camp beforehand if that is their desire.
- All campers should apply sunscreen at home. When reapplying sunscreen in camp, campers will do so unassisted; if they do need extra guidance, please send in spray sunscreen and face stick so they can be assisted by a staff member.
- Camp Gan Israel will have a dedicated cleaner sanitizing our campus throughout the day.
- Any camper or staff member who has experienced fever, vomiting, cough, diarrhea, loss of taste or smell or other symptoms typical of Covid-19 will be unable to rejoin the program until 72 hours after the symptoms subside, in most cases a negative test result and/or doctor’s note will be required before returning.
- Any camper or staff member who displays a high temperature (>101) or other symptoms during the camp day will be isolated from the rest of camp and sent home ASAP.
- For our COVID FAQ click here.
Lunch & Snack
We will provide two snacks a day consisting of fruit or veggies and/or starch (pretzels, crackers etc.). Lunch is available for purchase at $35/week. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to order lunch. Orders need to be in the Wednesday preceding the week. Alternatively, you can send not meat or not-meat-based lunch to camp. (Click here for lunch recommendations.) Water is available all day.
This summer we will be offering a wide range of specialty activities some led by the camp staff and others lead by professional instructors. Sports, Art Program, Kids in the Kitchen, Special Friday Activities and more.
Water & Beach Days
Water fun days take place every Monday and Friday. We have two beach days this summer June 30th and July 28th. We will have additional specialty water days throughout the summer, so keep an eye out on our calendar and newsletters. Please send along a bathing suit, towel and water shoes on those days.
We are excited to bring back trips to Camp Gan Izzy! We will be doing a few trips throughout the summer. Please make sure that your child wears their camp T-shirt on all trip days. C.G.I. will provide transportation to and from all trips. The campers DO NOT need to bring any additional funds on any field trips. All trips are included in the camp fees.
Every child will receive one camp shirt on the first day of camp. Additional shirts are available for a $10.
At CGI, Shabbat is celebrated every Friday in a fun and exciting way! Every camper gets to braid and take home their very own Challah to share with their families. We have a Shabbat Party which includes songs, games and special treats. To end off the week, the entire Gan Izzy will enjoy a special Friday Activity or Show!
Good Night Gan Izzy Program
When the camp day just isn’t enough! Our dedicated staff are available on certain evenings for visiting their campers to enjoy a small activity or playtime. Your child may choose one night during the summer to have his/her counselor visit his/her home after camp. For twenty minutes, the counselors will read, sing, and play with your child in a completely relaxed, safe environment. This program is completely optional. Look out for a sign up sheet in the newsletter.
Camp Gan Israel does not allow cell phones or electronics at camp. We do not assume any responsibility for these items. A camper can get permission from his/her counselor to use the office phone if necessary.
We welcome the celebration of birthday parties in Camp Gan Izzy. Kindly let us know at least one week prior to your celebration so that you may be advised as to what items are acceptable for these occasions.
Our camp newsletter will be given out every Friday. It will include a detailed schedule for the upcoming week, tell about special events and trips, and will keep all family members up to date with their children’s activities.
Looking forward to a summer of fun with your children! If you have any questions or concerns please let us know.
Rabbi Sholom & Nechama Diskin