After much anticipation, we are excited to officially announce that CGI Palisades 2020 is a go!
Our passionate and talented team of staff, are curating a special summer with exciting, creative ideas for activities and CGI fun. We are looking forward to soon sharing with you our lineup of individual bunk specialty-activities, shows and innovative entertainment.
Camp this summer will certainly look like no other. There will be significant modifications to the program and protocols. But make no mistake. This summer will bring our campers the joy, movement, friendships, Jewish pride, and a dose of CGI energy that they so deserve.
Please note that due to the current coronavirus pandemic there will be changes to the program being offered this summer including updated dates, times, schedule and required safety precautions. The program will also be updated and revised as the laws, guidelines and situation changes. Please read through the information below carefully to fully understand the program.
This plan has been designed to follow the ACA (American Camp Association), CDC, County & State guidelines and has been reviewed and approved by camping & health professionals.
Dates & Times:
In order to comply with the many regulations and standards that we will be following, we will need to cut down on the dates and hours being served to ensure the best of health & safety of the campers in our care.
Once confirmed, camp will begin on June 29th and run for two sessions of two weeks each ending July 24th. Registration will only be available per session.
June 22-June 26 – No Camp
June 29-July 10 – Session 1
July 13-July 24 – Session 2
July 27-31 – No Camp
Our hours will be reduced to minimize the risks and better fit our new program.
9:30am – 2:30pm
No extended care
Pricing & Discounts:
The costs of running a camp this year have risen significantly but we have made every effort to keep the current price to make this an affordable option for families.
$700/ Two Week Session
$1350/ Full Summer
(Single week options will not be available for this year.)
First Child – Full Price
Second Child – $30 Discount per session
Third+ Child – $60 Discount per session
Our program has been redesigned to maximize the safety of our campers and families. However, the signature Gan Izzy excitement, fun, Jewish pride and enthusiastic staff will remain the same.
There will be no offsite trips (excluding beach and hiking), no overnights, no swimming and no high-contact sports.
Additional Health & Safety Updates & Guidelines:
Below are some additional guidelines that we will be following this summer at Camp Gan Israel, please note that this list is not comprehensive so please feel free to reach out to us with any specific questions or concerns with our plan.
- Camp will be limited to 3 bunks, 30 campers total with up to 10 campers and 2 counselors per bunk. Each bunk will run as an independent cohort, there will be no moving between bunks.
- When possible, siblings of similar age will be placed together.
- All Camp Gan Israel staff and families (parents and other adults that are in quarantine together) must get a COVID-19 test one week prior to starting camp since the test takes 3-5 days to get results. (An antibody test does not count since it is not accurate enough.) All families with negative results may attend camp.
- No parents or visitors will be allowed on campus.
- Campers will be reminded to stay extra careful with handwashing, using sanitizer and other important hygienic guidelines at all times. All campers and counselors will wash their hands between all activities and before and after eating.
- All staff will be wearing masks as often as possible, especially during times that they are in close proximity to the children.
- We ask that you send your child with a mask every day for times when they are not able to socially distance outside of their cohort. In accordance with state guidelines, we are not making it mandatory for our campers to wear masks within their cohort. If you would like your child to wear a mask, they may certainly do so.
- Campers will be outdoors as much as possible with limited time spent indoors. All indoor areas will be well ventilated at all times.
- All campers should apply sunscreen at home. When reapplying sunscreen in camp, campers will do so unassisted; if they do need extra guidance, please send in spray sunscreen so they can be assisted by a staff member wearing a mask and gloves.
- Camp Gan Israel will have a dedicated cleaner sanitizing our campus and equipment throughout the day, all shared equipment will be sanitized between each use.
- There will be no lunch or snacks served at camp this year, all campers will be required to bring a packed lunch from home. Please do not send any reusable containers to camp for your child’s lunch. Everything must be in disposable containers or bags and easily opened and eaten by the children with minimal assistance.
- Please send a large, filled, reusable water bottle. We will be providing each bunk with their own water for refills.
- Baking and food art will be done in individual portions.
- Any camper or staff member who has experienced fever, vomiting, cough, diarrhea, loss of taste or smell or other symptoms typical of Covid-19 will be unable to rejoin the program until 72 hours after the symptoms subside, in most cases a negative test result and/or doctor’s note will be required before returning.
- Any camper or staff member who displays a high temperature (>101) or other symptoms during the camp day will be isolated from the rest of camp and sent home ASAP.
Parents are required to check their children’s temperature before arriving at camp each morning and to keep their children at home if they or any household member have a fever or other symptoms or have traveled out of the Southern California area in the past 14 days. Additionally, all campers’ temperature will be checked with a contactless thermal thermometer before being signed in each morning. Any camper with a fever of 100.4 will be sent home. To minimize the congregating, parents are asked to remain in their vehicles during morning check-in.
All campers will be required to sanitize their hands upon entering the CGI campus.
Daily drop-off and pick up will be at the campus gate on Los Liones.
All non-refundable payments must be made in full at the beginning of the camp season.
COVID-19 Related Refund Policy:
Any camp (or bunk) COVID-19 related closure or confirmed COVID-19 related absence, that exceeds 2 consecutive days will be refunded 50%.